This anecdote came from a writing journal we did in the class. The prompt I chose was “Laughing until our stomachs cramped and our eyes cried was the best feeling…” and it reminded me of a story of me and my best friend on vacation in Mexico a few years ago.

We were probably 12 or 13 or so, me and my best and lifelong friend Jane were on vacation and we happened to get a room together, which normally doesn’t happen, but it did. We also shared this room with another friend, but during all this, she just wanted to sleep.

So here it goes. We were just laying on bed after we got all ready to sleep after a long day of relaxing on the beach. I really don’t remember how exactly this happened, but one of us probably made a joke or said something funny. Maybe made a funny face. But all of a sudden, we could not stop laughing. And I mean, could not stop. We were laughing so hard we were crying, clutching out stomachs, but we could not stop. Every time we got close to calming down, even just looking at each other would start up the laughter once again. This went on for hours.

At about 2 in the morning, Jane decided to get up to go to the bathroom, just across the room. As she was walking there she noticed a puddle on the floor. We all got up and turned on the lights and discovered that the ceiling was leaking. What an end to our night. Though we thought this was pretty funny, we ended up finally going to sleep after this and just telling our parents about the leak in the morning. But this goes to show that as long as you are with your best friend, everything will be okay, and even the bumps and obstacles in life can be dealt with. And everything in life is funnier when you’re with your best friend.

[image: https://giphy.com/gifs/cute-fashion-smile-Qn2VBnllygRPi ]